Friday, June 10, 2005

Slingers Galore!

As I have said before, my oldest son is getting married on June 25th. And as we all know with such a happy event comes home remodeling. These really are correlated events - I even believe there has been scientific research conducted on this phenomenon.

Anyway, we are in the midst of major renovations - actually we will be finishing tomorrow and then I am hosting a trousseau shower for his new bride on Sunday. And in a walk through of the house last evening (I was making mental notes of my cleaning needs) I noticed that we have SLINGERS EVERYWHERE!!!

We are talking about in the hallways, bathrooms and especially the master bedroom. All the other walls have been freshly painted so we are safe there. BUT - I don't have time to paint the other walls!!!!!

So, guess what I'll be doing this afternoon - that's right! Washing walls - well scrubbing is a more exact term - LOL.

What I find amazing is that I have been living with these slingafied walls and had not really noticed. This is amazing as I am a really good house keeper - I like clean and like to live in a clean space.

So, my ponderance then is .... has my love for the girls (Pru and Brin) overcome my need for cleanliness? Have I become blinded by their charms enough to blindly ignore - I mean, to not even see these slingers on my bedroom walls?

Now I wonder as I approach what I fondly term as "Grannyness" if I will become so enamored with grandbabies that I will break other life long habits? Will I actually allow a grandbaby to drink from my cup? (my father taught me never to allow anyone to drink from my cup and I never have - not husband, children, best friend - NOPE).

But if I can blindly ignore slingers on the wall, what could possibly be next??? ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home