Monday, May 23, 2005

One of my favorite things in life

One of my favorite things in life is cuddling with my girls (and Neo too!). It gives me great satisfaction to be close to them. Rob and I were sitting out on the swing, enjoying the evening last evening and (one at a time) the girls climbed up and sat between us - resting with us for a bit of time and then going off to do their own things. We both agreed that these times must be a little piece of heaven on earth.

This morning, around 3 AM, I awoke to Brins breathing in my face. She was (as she is every night) sleeping between us - head on my pillow and back facing Rob. I look around the bed and there too was Pru, down near my knees with her head resting on my legs. Thank goodness for a California King bed!!! If you're wondering where Neo is - he is too well behaved to come up on the bed without permission. He lays over on our pillow shams and waits until the alarm goes off in the morning to get up. He's such a good boy!!!

I wonder: Do these dogs also treasure these cuddly times? Do they have the feeling capacity to understand and cherish the smells, touches, and movements of these times? I do so hope they do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home