Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A rainy evening equals a dremel evening

Ahhh yes, a rainy, chilly Indiana evening. All the chores are done - the crew has been fed, the chickens watered, fed and eggs collected, and our dinner is finished as well. Ahhhh... time to relax in our warm and cozy great room. I have a good book I want to re-read, scan through my facebook, write in my blog ... yes, a relaxing rainy evening at home with the crew.

Well, that's what I was hoping for anyway. But then all the dogs gathered around my chair as I sat writing this blog. Each of them greeted me, giving me the customary mastiff paw. And that's when the evening changed from quiet and relaxing to Dremel time!

So why does this ruin my quiet evening? Besides the noise and dust generated from the dremeling, just think about the sheer number of nails to do. So let's figure this out -- 6 dogs with 4 paws equals 24 paws. 12 paws with 5 nails on equals 60 nails. 12 paws with 4 nails equals 48. So 108 nails to dremel tonight!

And remember, these are English mastiffs who don't all enjoy getting a pedicure, so the evening will also involve a bit of wrestling and fast movement and persistence. And it takes both Himself and me to get the job done. Even so, there will be no need for Zumba or yoga tonight - I'll be moving and using muscles and stretching and doing my best 'flex' moves just to get the job done.

But hey, let's look on the bright side here. I'm at home sharing time with Himself and the beings I love most in the world in a warm and cozy room. I have a pretty good evening ahead of me -- so I'd better wrap it up and get that dremel fired up.