Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pondering Thankfulness

On the mastiff board to which I belong someone posted a thread asking what we are thankful for. This topic is a ponderous one - ponderous in a most positive and thankful way. So, even though the idea is not directly related to my soulful giants, I want to share my thankfulness with you.

I am so thankful of many things.

I am thankful for God's blessing of life itself - all its ups and downs, its blessings and burdens.

I'm thankful for the sunshine and the rain, for the snow in the winter and the cool ocean on a hot day, for the budding trees in spring and the fall foliage bright with color, and for brilliant blue sky and the twinkling stars at night.

I'm thankful for feelings. Feelings of joy, sorrow, anger, happiness - each enriches my life and makes me feel alive.

I'm thankful for my family - for Himself who after 26 years shares my world and still makes my heart flutter when he speaks my name, who loves me, his sons and his dogs; for my sons who have grown into men of strong values, morals and ethics; for my parents -both Himself's and my own - who continue to offer their wisdom and love without boundaries; for my siblings with whom I can laugh and cry without judgment; for my friends who offer me balance and reality checks from time to time; and for my soulful giants who love me unconditionally and bring joy to my life every single moment I'm with them.

As you can see, I am very blessed - I am rich in love, in family, in friends and in nature. And for all these things I am thankful to the God above.