Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cabin Fever

Is it too early in the season for this phenomenon to hit? My crew certainly has the beginning signs of this invigorating virus!! Any thoughts of settling in for a long winter’s nap are hardily knocked from my head as Neo, Pru and Brin romp through the house.

This summer we installed laminate flooring throughout the main rooms of the house. This cut down on the amount of running as the dogs slip and slide when they attempt to do so. Our first floor design includes a rectangle that the dogs can run around, playing catch, tag, and ‘where’d they go?.” These games, gone for these last few months, have now come back with vigor. And what a good time they’re having!!

To brush off the doldrums of the season, I have been joining in the fun. We have been playing tag around the rectangle, playing keep away around the dining room table ( this is a hoot!!), and our all time favorite game – hide-n-seek!!!

All the games go well, except hide-n-seek. It is our favorite – all three love the challenge of finding me. But, the girls have no sense of smell at all and are not able to sniff me out of my hiding spots. That means that Neo seems to win the game more often than not. He loves winning – he prances around with that big smile on his face. The girls try very hard, but unless I use sound clues, they have a very difficult time trying to find me – well at least that’s what I think it is. Himself thinks that they do not like the initial scare that comes from me popping out of my hiding spot and therefore let Neo win. But I beg to differ with him. Both Pru and Brin just and throw their heads when they find me – prancing and smiling just like Neo.

Our once quiet home is once again full of activity and laugher and barks. It is a happy place to be. So, if you plan a visit to our home this season, you’ll need to be up for a game or two with the crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home